Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My fears!!!

One kind of fear that exists in me


Is that the next moment I won’t see

That every second might be the last

That my dear life would end so fast

That I’ll too early be dead

Is one thing I really dread.



The second of my many fears

Is that I won’t, no matter what, succeed

Even if I live for many years

That failure is a kind of life I’ll lead

That I won’t make a tangible difference

That my long life won’t make any sense…



Another fear I diligently harbor

Is that if I do find success’ door

And I’m intelligent enough to open it

And I’m lucky enough to enter it

Will I let and help others come with me

Will I create and open other doors freely…



Yet another of my numerous fears is this

Will my parents be able to say out loud,

That truly I have made them proud

Will they praise and cheer me with ease?

Or will I be a mistake as their child

Will I be one classified as bad and wild?



My fears don’t end there

If I succeed in helping others

Will I be able to train my children?

Will they be pillars amongst their brethren?

Will I be among the successful fathers?

This is just another fear…



But the one fear that drowns all these

The one that truly gives me peace

One that I have harbored for years

One that towers over my other fears

The other fears are like kennels to me

This one is like a sky scraper you see…



It is the fear of the Almighty

The One who created me

As long as this fear doesn’t decrease

I know the others won’t increase

And if through my life it goes undiminished

Then I do believe it is mission accomplished!!!







proudly written by... R.j...

No comments:

Post a Comment